Mildly spicy pumpkin hummus packed with flavor. This hummus is legume-free, gluten-free and vegan! Ideal as a spread or dip.
- 1.5 cups (~12 oz / 340g) Cooked Pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sprinkle Dried Herbs
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce (or Tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- Sprinkle Chili Spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Peel and slice the pumpkin and then toss the pumpkin in a bowl with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and a sprinkle of dried herbs.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes until perfectly soft and cooked.
- Then add the cooked pumpkin to the food processor along with the sesame seeds, cashew nuts, chopped cilantro, soy sauce or tamari, crushed garlic and a sprinkle of chili spice.
- Process into a smooth pumpkin hummus.
- Serve as a dip, side or appetizer with bread, vegetables or rice.
*Preparing this hummus is very quick aside from cooking the pumpkin which takes the bulk of time in this recipe.
*Inspired by May Kaidee’s restaurant in Bangkok.
- Category: Appetizer, Side
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 432mg
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 6.1g