This delicious pumpkin hummus is packed with roasted pumpkin flavor. It’s creamy, smooth and savory and perfect as a dip or spread.
For the Roasted Pumpkin:
- 2 and 1/2 cups (300g) Pumpkin (Peeled and Cubed)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
For the Hummus:
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1/3 cup (80g) Tahini
- 4 Tbsp Cold Water (Divided)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
For Serving (Optional):
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the peeled and chopped pumpkin to a mixing bowl along with the olive oil, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, sea salt and ground black pepper and toss everything together until the pumpkin is lightly coated in the oil and spices.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes until it’s soft and cooked.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, squeeze the fresh lemon juice and add it to a bowl along with the crushed cloves of garlic and let the fresh garlic soak in the lemon juice.*
- When the pumpkin is cooked, let it cool a little and then add it to the food processor along with the lemon juice and garlic, drained chickpeas, tahini and 2 Tbsp of the cold water. Process until chunky.
- Add the sea salt, cumin, olive oil and remaining 2 Tbsp of cold water and process until smooth.*
- Serve topped with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh chopped parsley and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
*Soaking the fresh garlic in the freshly squeezed lemon juice takes some of the bite out of the raw garlic without losing any of the flavor.
*It is definitely best in terms of taste if you freshly squeeze the lemon juice rather than using bottled lemon juice.
*Let the food processor run for a few minutes so that the hummus gets really smooth.
- Category: Appetizer, Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Oven and Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Sodium: 317mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 4.6g
Keywords: pumpkin hummus