So, quinoa is all the rage because it’s healthy. Even people who prefer not to eat grains love quinoa. Because it’s not a grain, it’s a seed!
But I don’t eat it because it’s healthy (though it is), I eat it because it’s totally delicious.
It has a crunchy nutty flavor and mixed in with salad and a great dressing it makes the kind of meal to get very excited about.
I was reading this thing once where this personal trainer was going on about how if you tell people they can eat whatever they want then they will just eat pizza all day every day. No one would ever eat a salad.
Well, I took major issue with this because, firstly, who died and made him the arbiter of what others are ‘allowed’ to eat. Secondly, who needs to be given permission to eat whatever they want? You’re an adult, I’m an adult, we actually DO get to eat whatever we want! And then thirdly, what a load of hogwash!
I like pizza as much as the next person – actually probably a lot more, it’s one of my favorite things (a good vegan pizza is something special!), but I don’t hold it in higher regard than I do salad.
And that’s because I eat salads like this vegan quinoa salad! Salad isn’t a chore or a duty for me, it’s a joy. I hope it is for you too.
When I made my stuffed roasted butternut recipe, we stuffed the butternut with a quinoa salad.
Jaye was so blown away by the quinoa salad alone before we stuffed it inside the butternut that I knew then that I needed to do a standalone recipe for a vegan quinoa salad.
Because yes, it is that good!
I really think you’re going to love this vegan quinoa salad. It is:
- Bursting with flavor
- A delicious entree
This meal is wonderful as an entree, or an appetizer!
If you think you’ll have leftovers then only add avocado to the served portions, that way the salad will keep nicely in the fridge till the next day, and you can then add more avocado to the leftover salad when you serve it.
So let me know your thoughts on this vegan quinoa salad. Or just on salad in general. Do you love it as much as we do? And please rate the recipe as well, it’s so helpful, thank you.
For more delicious vegan salad recipes, check out these awesome options:
- Vegan Couscous Salad
- Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
And definitely sign up to our email list! You’ll get a gorgeous free ebook with 10 fabulous recipes, as well as staying updated with all our latest recipe postings.Print
This vegan quinoa salad with sesame soy dressing is bursting with healthy flavor and goodness. Vegan, gluten-free, satisfying and delicious!
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 3 cups Quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 Head Romaine Lettuce (shredded)
- 2 Small Cucumbers (sliced)
- 16 Green Olives (pitted, and sliced in half)
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 2 Avocados (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Fresh Lime
- Handful Chives (chopped)
For the Sesame Soy Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (check for gluten-free friendliness or use Tamari if you’re gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsp Date Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- Sliced Avocado
- Fresh Lime
- Sprinkle Oregano
- Take 1 cup of uncooked quinoa and cook it according to package instructions or as per your preferred method. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa = approximately 3 cups cooked quinoa. Use it all in the salad.
- When your quinoa is cooked, add it to a salad bowl along with shredded romaine lettuce, sliced cucumbers, green olives, cherry tomatoes, sliced yellow bell pepper and avocado. Toss together. Sqeeze half the lime over the top and throw in some chopped chives.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and mixing together. Pour over the top of the quinoa salad and mix in.
- Garnish the salad with some sliced avocado, fresh lime and a sprinkle of oregano.
Inspired by my recipe for Stuffed Roasted Butternut.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 14.9g
- Sodium: 670mg
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 52.3g
- Fiber: 12.1g
- Protein: 10.7g
Keywords: vegan quinoa salad