This vegan quinoa salad with a sesame soy dressing is simply bursting with healthy flavor and goodness. Delicious and satisfying.
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 3 cups Quinoa (cooked)
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce (shredded)*
- 2 Small Cucumbers (sliced)
- 16 Green Olives (pitted, and sliced in half)
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 2 Medium Avocados (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 Small Fresh Lime (Squeezed)*
- 1/4 cup Chives (chopped)
For the Sesame Soy Dressing:
- Sliced Avocado
- Fresh Lime
- Sprinkle Oregano
- Take 1 cup of uncooked quinoa and cook it according to package instructions or as per your preferred method. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa = approximately 3 cups cooked quinoa. Use it all in the salad.*
- When your quinoa is cooked, add it to a salad bowl along with shredded romaine lettuce, sliced cucumbers, green olives, cherry tomatoes, sliced yellow bell pepper and avocado. Toss together. Sqeeze half the lime over the top and throw in some chopped chives.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and mixing together. Pour over the top of the quinoa salad and mix in.
- Garnish the salad with some sliced avocado, fresh lime and a sprinkle of oregano.
*My preferred method for cooking quinoa is to place 1 cup of quinoa (170g) into a pot with 2 cups (480ml) of water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed (~15 mins). Once cooked, fluff with a fork.
*This is approximately half a medium head of Romaine lettuce.
*The half small fresh lime squeezed equals around 1 Tablespoon of fresh lime juice. Use the other half of the lime as garnish for the salad.
*Toasted sesame oil is the most delicious for this, but regular sesame oil also works great.
*Use a gluten-free soy sauce or sub for tamari if you want this meal to be gluten-free.
*Prep time for this recipe includes time spent cooking the quinoa, because while the quinoa is cooking, you can prepare all the other ingredients and the dressing.
- Category: Entree, Savory, Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 14.9g
- Sodium: 670mg
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 52.3g
- Fiber: 12.1g
- Protein: 10.7g
Keywords: vegan quinoa salad