This vegan quinoa salad with sesame soy dressing is bursting with healthy flavor and goodness. Vegan, gluten-free, satisfying and delicious!
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 3 cups Quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 Head Romaine Lettuce (shredded)
- 2 Small Cucumbers (sliced)
- 16 Green Olives (pitted, and sliced in half)
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 2 Avocados (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Fresh Lime
- Handful Chives (chopped)
For the Sesame Soy Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (check for gluten-free friendliness or use Tamari if you’re gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsp Date Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- Sliced Avocado
- Fresh Lime
- Sprinkle Oregano
- Take 1 cup of uncooked quinoa and cook it according to package instructions or as per your preferred method. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa = approximately 3 cups cooked quinoa. Use it all in the salad.
- When your quinoa is cooked, add it to a salad bowl along with shredded romaine lettuce, sliced cucumbers, green olives, cherry tomatoes, sliced yellow bell pepper and avocado. Toss together. Sqeeze half the lime over the top and throw in some chopped chives.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a bowl and mixing together. Pour over the top of the quinoa salad and mix in.
- Garnish the salad with some sliced avocado, fresh lime and a sprinkle of oregano.
Inspired by my recipe for Stuffed Roasted Butternut.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 14.9g
- Sodium: 670mg
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 52.3g
- Fiber: 12.1g
- Protein: 10.7g
Keywords: vegan quinoa salad