This ratatouille is packed with summer veggies and plenty of flavor. It’s super easy to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 3 cups (246g) Eggplant (Chopped)
- 2 cups (270g) Zucchini (Sliced)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 3 cups (450g) Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil (Chopped)
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add crushed garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the chopped eggplant, sliced zucchini, chopped bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, sea salt and ground black pepper and toss everything together.
- Cover the pot and simmer at medium heat for around 35 minutes until the veggies are soft and cooked. Give it a stir occasionally, but stir gently so that the vegetables don’t break up.
- When the veggies are soft and cooked, stir in the fresh chopped basil until it’s just wilted.
- Serve as a stew topped with a sprinkle of ground black pepper and dried oregano with some toasted bread on the side for dipping.
*This is a great make ahead option as it tastes even better the next day. It can be reheated on the stove or in the microwave.
*Leftovers will keep very well in the fridge for 3-4 days and it’s also freezer friendly if you’d like to freeze it.
- Category: Entree, Savory, Side, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 10.8g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 3.6g
Keywords: ratatouille, ratatouille recipe