So who doesn’t love a good dose of rice krispie treats! I know they’re usually made with marshmallows, which quite honestly I’d be down for!
I’m not one of those people who’s all like snubbing their noses at marshmallows or anything, I’d be super keen for it! But there is not a trace of a vegan marshmallow that I have been able to find in these parts!
But no matter! What I bring to you today is just as good! Chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats!
Peanut butter and golden syrup (or brown rice syrup as you prefer) are melted together to form a sticky delicious sauce that binds those little krispies together and then vegan chocolate is melted for the topping!
The result is a sweet and crunchy square of peanut butter rice krispie deliciousness that is made all the better for being topped with a thick layer of chocolate!
And if you’re not already completely sold on this, maybe the fact that it’s only 4-ingredients and only takes around 20 minutes to throw together will be the thing to catapult you into action and have you heading straight to the kitchen to make these right away!
And they are super kid friendly too! So if you have kiddies around, they will be super pleased.
My niece is rather an anomaly, she popped around (with my sister of course, I don’t think 6 year olds are generally popping around places all on their own), the other day and I had a batch of these on the go. I excitedly offered her one saying ‘these are great for kids!’ and she proceeded to swiftly turn me down! She doesn’t like chocolate. Well blow me over with a feather! I didn’t know it was possible to not like chocolate! But you live and learn!
I am pretty sure you will love these vegan chocolate peanut butter rice krispie squares (could I have made the name a bit longer? I think I could have!). They are:
- Just 4-Ingredients
- Super quick and easy
- Peanut Buttery
- Covered in chocolate!
Keep them covered in the fridge where they will easily stay fresh for a few days. Though I seriously doubt they will last that long. These disappear quickly.
I’d love to know what you think of these rice krispie treats – leave a comment and let us know! And if you make this recipe, take a pic and tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss it!
For similarly delicious (and simple) desserts, check out:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Shortbread and Raisin Chocolate Tiffin
- Homemade Twix Bars
Also, while you’re here, sign up to our email list, you’ll get a free recipe ebook (yay!) and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes!
Easy 4-Ingredient vegan chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats. These crunchy rice krispie treats are super quick and easy to make and smothered in vegan dark chocolate.
- 3 cups (105g) Rice Krispies*
- 1/3 cup (83g) Creamy Salted Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Golden Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
- 10.5oz (300g) Vegan Chocolate
- Measure the rice krispies out into a bowl and set aside.
- Line a square dish with parchment paper.
- Add the syrup and peanut butter to a saucepan and heat together stirring all the time until it has just started to bubble a little. At this point immediately remove from the heat and pour over the rice krispies. Stir in until all the rice krispies are covered.
- Spoon this out into your parchment lined dish and smooth down as best you can. Place into the fridge to set.
- When it has set, prepare your chocolate topping. Break up the chocolate and place into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals bringing out to stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Spoon this out on top of the rice krispie base and spread it out evenly.
- Return to the fridge to set. When set, lift the entire thing out with the parchment paper and cut into squares. Enjoy!
*You can use any puffed rice cereal of your choice. If you’re gluten-free, choose a gluten-free variety.
*Adapted from The Big Mans World.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free Optional
- Serving Size: 1 Square (of 20)
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Sodium: 72mg
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.7g