Rich and creamy vegan tomato soup. Hearty and satisfying and ideal as an appetizer, served with delicious bread for dipping. Gluten-free.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to a pot with the coconut oil and sauté. Add in the oregano and dried basil and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes, peeled and chopped potatoes, sugar and 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer until all the ingredients are soft and cooked (around 30 minutes).
- Using an immersion (handheld) blender, blend into a smooth soup. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then transfer to a blender jug and blend it up in stages and return to the pot.
- Serve with a sprinkle of dried basil and dried oregano and fresh basil leaves.
*Inspired by Martha Stewart.
- Category: Soup, Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 14.9g
- Sodium: 485mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: vegan tomato soup