Roasted Butternut and Avocado Salad with Cashew Cream Dressing. This salad makes a satisfying and delicious main meal, and it’s vegan and gluten-free!
- For the Salad:
- 1 Large Butternut
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sprinkle of dried herbs
- 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes
- 10 Green Pimento Olives
- 1 Avocado
- For the Cashew Cream Dressing:
- 1/2 cup (75g) Cashews
- 1/2 Lemon (squeezed)
- Sprinkle Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Date Honey/Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees fahrenheit (220 degrees celsius).
- Slice the butternut without peeling it or removing the seeds.
- Brush the slices with olive oil and sprinkle with dried herbs and then place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the butternut in the oven for around 35 minutes or until soft and cooked.
- While the butternut is baking, shred the lettuce, chop the tomatoes and cucumber, cut the olives in half and cut the sundried tomato into small pieces and toss together before separating into two bowls or plates.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- When the butternut is cooked, add the butternut pieces to the top of the salad.
- Slice up an avocado and divide evenly between the two plates.
- Pour cashew cream over the top of each salad.
- Category: Salad, Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serving (of 2)
- Calories: 721
- Sugar: 32.7g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Fat: 36.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 94.4g
- Fiber: 24.9g
- Protein: 17.2g