Deliciously textured, creamy butternut squash hummus. This veggie-packed healthy hummus is wonderful as a dip for flat breads or raw vegetables. Vegan and Gluten-Free.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Peel and slice the butternut. Then place the butternut slices onto a parchment lined baking tray. Brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place into the oven and bake for around 30-35 minutes until soft and cooked.
- When the butternut is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Then add the butternut to a food processor along with the chickpeas, tahini, garlic and sesame seeds and process until smooth.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with flat breads or raw veggies as a snack or appetizer, or serve with rice and salad as a main course.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 248mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 9.8g
- Protein: 7.6g