This delicious butternut squash salad is made with roasted butternut squash, pecans and dried cranberries and topped with a fabulous apple cider vinaigrette.
For the Roasted Butternut Squash:
- 4 cups (600g) Butternut Squash (Peeled and Cubed)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
For the Salad:
- 3 cups (90g) Baby Spinach
- 3 cups (90g) Arugula
- 1/2 cup (55g) Pecans (Chopped)*
- 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup (80g) Vegan Feta (Crumbled)*
For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add peeled and chopped butternut squash to a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, sea salt and black pepper and toss so that the butternut squash is evenly coated.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes until roasted.
- Add the baby spinach, arugula, chopped pecans and dried cranberries to a mixing bowl.
- Mix up your apple cider vinaigrette by adding all the ingredients to a measuring jug and whisking it up until well mixed.
- Pour some of the dressing over your salad mix and toss. Move to a serving dish, or if you’re serving it in the same bowl, leave it where it is.
- Add the the roasted butternut squash, crumbled vegan feta and some extra chopped pecans and dried cranberries to the top of the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and serve.
*Walnuts or other nuts can be used in place of the pecans.
*We used the Violife brand of vegan feta in this salad which was delicious. We also do have a recipe for homemade vegan feta on this blog, so if you have more time to spare and want to make your own, that is a great option too. You can also omit the vegan feta entirely and use something like chopped avocado instead.
*We used all the dressing in this salad, but it does make quite a lot, so if you prefer not to use it all and have some leftover, then leftover dressing will keep very well in the fridge for a week.
*This salad is best served fresh, but leftovers will keep well for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Category: Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 362mg
- Fat: 24.7g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: butternut squash salad