Creamy roasted garlic hummus. High in protein, rich in garlic flavor and delicious as a dip! Gluten-free, vegan and healthy!
- Start by roasting the garlic. Preheat the oven to 430 degrees fahrenheit (220 degrees celsius)
- Remove just the outer flaky layers of the head of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact. Using a knife chop off just the tips of each clove. Place in tinfoil and pour over 1 tsp of olive oil and rub it around the sides so that the garlic is covered with the oil. Wrap it up in the tinfoil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. When cooked, remove from the tinfoil, allow to cool for a few minutes and then pop out the cloves with your fingers. For a full tutorial of roasting garlic including pictures, see the post: How To Make Roasted Garlic.
- When the garlic is roasted, you’re ready to make the hummus.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the food processor along with the roasted garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and oregano. Process. If needed, add in the water to thin it out a little and achieve the right consistency.
- Process until smooth. Taste test and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of paprika and some sliced veggies or flat breads for dipping.
*Prep time includes the 35 minutes spent roasting the garlic.
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6.2g