Deliciously fluffy vegan mashed potatoes with roasted garlic. Creamy, buttery, garlicky and everything mashed potatoes should be. Gluten-Free.
- 4 Large Potatoes
- Head of Garlic
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp (60g) Vegan Butter
- 1/4–1/2 cup (60-120ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Fresh Chives
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C). Make your roasted garlic by peeling the outer flaky layers off the head of garlic, then using a knife chop off just the tips of the garlic. Wrap in tinfoil, pour over 1 tsp Olive Oil and rub it into the garlic. Close the tinfoil and bake for 35 mins until perfectly roasted. For pictures and full step by step instructions go to my Roasted Garlic Tutorial.
- Peel and slice the potatoes into halves and then slice each half into quarters. Place the potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook covered for around 20-25 minutes until soft.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water from the pot and leave the potatoes behind in the pot and allow them to sit for a few minutes as any remaining water on the potatoes will dry off.
- Then add the vegan butter and mash in with a potato masher.
- Then add the soy milk, starting with 1/4 cup and mashing it in, if it still looks a little dry, add another 1/4 cup of soy milk.
- By this time the garlic should be roasted. Using your fingers, pop the cloves of the garlic out, and then mash with a fork. Mash in with the potatoes.
- Lastly add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
- Category: Side, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 425mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 6.6g
Keywords: vegan mashed potatoes