This roasted red pepper hummus is creamy and rich and packed with flavor. It’s seriously the most divine hummus ever and makes the perfect dip or spread.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Slice the red peppers and remove the seeds and core. Place the pieces on a parchment lined baking tray, skin side up.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until the skins are nicely charred.
- Remove from the oven and place into a bowl and cover it with foil. Leave for 15 minutes. This will allow the peppers to steam a bit and the skins to loosen.
- Remove the peppers from the bowl and peel off the skins. Slice off a couple of strips of roasted red pepper to decorate your hummus (optional).
- Add the lemon juice and crushed garlic cloves to a bowl or jug and let the garlic soak in the freshly squeezed lemon juice for a few minutes.*
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor along with the crushed garlic and lemon juice, tahini and roasted red peppers. Process until chunky.
- Add in the salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and olive oil and process again until very smooth. You can just let the food processor run for a few minutes so that you get that really smooth texture.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and freshly chopped parsley and serve.
*Soaking the raw crushed garlic in the freshly squeezed lemon juice just takes some of the bite out of the raw garlic, with no sacrifice in flavor.
*To get your hummus really smooth just let the food processor run for a few minutes once all the ingredients have been added.
*Leftover hummus keeps very well in the fridge for around 3 days.
*If you use cooked chickpeas (not canned) then you will need 1 and 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas.
*Nutritional information is for roasted red pepper hummus only and does not include anything that it may be served with.
- Category: Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 469mg
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 9.7g
Keywords: roasted red pepper hummus