Perfectly roasted, rosemary infused, minimal oil, super easy roasted eggplant recipe. Ideal for a delicious plant-based side or appetizer.
- 2 Eggplants
- 1–2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Sprinkle of Dried Rosemary
- Slice the eggplants in half and then take a knife and cut deep diagonal lines from one side to the other and then cut diagonal lines the other way so they intersect each other.
- Sprinkle with salt all over the tops and squeeze the eggplants on either side to open up the diagonal grooves and get some salt into the grooves as well. Don’t use a huge amount of salt, around 1 tsp in total is enough.
- Leave the eggplants lying face up for 30 minutes, allowing the salt to draw excess moisture and bitterness out.
- After 30 minutes, squeeze off the excess water and blot with a paper towel to remove excess salt.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with dried rosemary and then place face down on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for around 60 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- When the eggplants look sort of collapsed (as pictured above), then they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for around 15-20 minutes before using a spatula to flip them over and serve with an extra sprinkle of dried rosemary spice.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 2)
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 20.2g
- Sodium: 601mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 17.4g
- Protein: 5.6g