Soft and chewy vegan oatmeal cookies. These super easy cookies are brown sugar sweetened, coconut and cinnamon infused and make a perfect treat or snack.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the rolled oats, flour, coconut, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Cream the vegan butter and brown sugar together and then add the syrup and vanilla.
- Then mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand. Stirring until the mixture is very crumbly.
- Add the soy milk and mix in. Check if you can roll some of it into a ball – it should be sticky enough to do so. It will still be crumbly and look almost as if it’s still too dry, but when you try and make a ball you’ll find it’s also very sticky. If it’s still too crumbly, add a tiny bit more soy milk until it’s sticky enough to roll into balls. When rolling into balls, you’ll find that you’re more pressing them into balls than rolling, this is fine, press into a ball and then roll a bit to make it nice and round and even.
- Place the rolled balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The edges should be firm and the tops lightly browned. They will be soft but will firm up while cooling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack to cool completely.
*Adapted from my recipe for Oatmeal Crunchies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 13.2g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.2g
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies