Perfectly crunchy vegan shortbread cookies. This small batch recipe contains just 4-ingredients and makes 8-9 shortbread cookies. Super easy and insanely good!
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter/Margarine
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (149°C).
- Sift the flour and add it to a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and salt and mix together.
- Then add the vegan butter, rubbing it in with your fingers. It will first be crumbly and then gradually will form into cookie dough.
- Form the cookie dough into a ball and then flatten it out on a flour dusted surface and cut out some cookies. You can either use a rolling pin or your hands to flatten it out. The dough is quite fragile, so if you use a rolling pin, you can roll and sort of press at the same time. Dust the top of the dough with flour so that the rolling pin doesn’t stick. Roll the cookies in sugar and place onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Roll the remaining dough into a ball again and flatten out again, cutting out more cookies and then repeat.
- At the end you’ll cut out your final cookie, and whatever’s left won’t be enough for a last cookie, so just roll into a small ball, roll it in sugar and add it to the baking tray as a bonus cookie.
- You should have around 8-9 cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove from the oven and allow them to cool for around 30 minutes before eating.
*Recipe adapted from Epicurious.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 146mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.4g
Keywords: vegan shortbread cookies