These vegan chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy with just enough ‘crunch’ to be satisfying as you bite into them.
Jaye has officially declared these his favorite! Which is very high praise, considering the fabulous desserts we make on the regular.
But these were polished off at speed I tell you – I barely got a look in!
No wonder people eat cookie dough as is, I mean look how awesome this cookie dough looks!
But I managed to resist eating it so that this batch of cookies could get made!
I used chocolate chunks in these cookies (regular slabs of vegan chocolate chopped into chunks). It works just as well as vegan chocolate chips, if you struggle to get hold of them, or if they’re quite pricey. Of course you don’t have quite the symmetry of perfect little chocolate chips but whatevs.
What I actually did here was use chocolate chunks for the cookie dough, but when the cookies came out of the oven all warm and soft, I took a few chocolate chips (the perfectly symmetrical ones) and pushed a few of those into the tops of the cookies. So we have a mix of chocolate chunks with a few chocolate chips, I thought that was pretty much perfect here!
This batch makes 15-16 large cookies.
Going large comes naturally to me, I actually have to make extra effort to make things small, so it usually doesn’t happen.
These are soooo easy to make! And serve them up with some delicious non-dairy milk for a milk and cookies treat.
Served warm they are fantastic as the chocolate is all gooey and melty.
When you take them out the oven they’re still super soft and only very slightly browned on top. As they cool down they firm up.
What you’re looking for to let you know they’re done is they should be slightly browned on top and the edges should be set – not hard – just set, like they’re the shape they’re going to stay. They’ll still be very soft and gooey and not firm at all in the middle. That’s fine, as they cool the magic happens.
I found 15 minutes to be the right baking time for these, so that they’re still soft and chewy but have a bit of crunch too.
You’ll love how soft, chewy, slightly-crunchy, sweet and satisfying these chocolate chip cookies are. One of these cookies with a cup of tea or a glass of non-dairy milk makes a very satisfying afternoon snack.
Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature and they’ll stay fresh for up to a week.
I’d love to know what you think of these vegan chocolate chip cookies, let me know in the comments and please rate the recipe too. Thanks so much.
For more delicious chocolate chip cookies, check out these great recipes:
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous 10-recipe ebook (entirely free) and to stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.Print
Vegan chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy, slightly-crunchy, sweet and satisfying. Also – super easy to make! Perfect as a snack or dessert.
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Chocolate Chips or Chunks + more to press into the tops when they come out the oven)*
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Then add the soy milk and vanilla and mix in.
- Add your flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch and salt to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix in by hand until properly mixed into a thick cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chips or chunks and mix in to distribute as evenly as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll into balls and place evenly on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the edges are set and they are very slightly browned on top.
- When they come out of the oven, press a few more chocolate chips or chunks into the tops of the cookies (optional)
- Allow to cool and firm up before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Once properly cooled store in an airtight container.
*I used chocolate chunks (vegan chocolate cut into chunks) for the cookie dough and then a few chocolate chips to press into the tops when they came out of the oven.
*Weigh your flour for the most accurate results.
- Serving Size: 1 Large Cookie (of 16)
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 15.4g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies