Vegan chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy, slightly-crunchy, sweet and satisfying. Also – super easy to make! Perfect as a snack or dessert.
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Chocolate Chips or Chunks + more to press into the tops when they come out the oven)*
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Then add the soy milk and vanilla and mix in.
- Add your flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch and salt to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix in by hand until properly mixed into a thick cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chips or chunks and mix in to distribute as evenly as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll into balls and place evenly on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the edges are set and they are very slightly browned on top.
- When they come out of the oven, press a few more chocolate chips or chunks into the tops of the cookies (optional)
- Allow to cool and firm up before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Once properly cooled store in an airtight container.
*I used chocolate chunks (vegan chocolate cut into chunks) for the cookie dough and then a few chocolate chips to press into the tops when they came out of the oven.
*Weigh your flour for the most accurate results.
- Category: Baking, Cookies, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Large Cookie (of 16)
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 15.4g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2.7g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies