Another pasta recipe you say? Why yes! You simply cannot have too many pasta recipes!
And this spicy peanut pasta with roasted butternut and crispy tofu will make you a very happy chappie.
Specifically because – like other pasta recipes – it’s easy as to make. Quick, easy and super delicious.
And pretty nutritious too, but let’s not get into that too much, or those pesky pasta haters will come and troll my page. 🙂
I just can’t get enough butternut, and I can’t get enough crispy tofu in my life. Love them both so much. So I’m on a mission to eat them as much as possible.
Small complaint: butternut is expensive in Dubai.
I miss South Africa where you can get a huge bag of them for next to nothing. I tell you – when we move back there, I will appreciate it so much. I’ve already told Jaye I plan to eat it as a daily staple when we get back to SA. That, and avos. 🙂 Often together.
This recipe takes 45 minutes from start to serving, and it’s really only that long because roasting the butternut takes a fair chunk of time. Everything else is super fast.
You will love how well the roasted butternut flavor blends with the crispy tofu and spicy peanut sauce.
And how it all blends very satisfyingly with the pasta.
Use wholewheat or gluten-free pasta or whatever floats your boat. Any way you serve it – this recipe is satisfying and super delicious.
Comments? Questions? Post them down below.
And if you make this spicy peanut pasta with roasted butternut and crispy tofu – rate it and let us know how it went!
Snap a pic too and tag it #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can see it too!
And share this recipe with any pasta lovers who may appreciate it. Thanks a million!
Satisfying and delicious spicy peanut pasta with roasted butternut and crispy tofu. Easy 45-minute vegan recipe that is ideal for a quick and easy dinner.
- 1 Butternut (Medium to Large)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Dried Herbs
- 12oz (340g) Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Pack (18oz/500g) Pasta
For the Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees celsius).
- Peel and dice the butternut, removing the seeds. Place the butternut chunks into a bowl, add the 1 Tbsp olive oil and toss together until all the butternut is lightly coated with the oil. Add some dried herbs and toss again. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- While the butternut is baking, press the tofu for around 20 minutes, either using a tofu press or by wrapping it in paper towels and putting something heavy on top – like a heavy pot.
- While the tofu is pressing and the butternut is baking, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and whisk with a hand whisk to combine.
- When the tofu is pressed, cut it into squares. Add a little oil to a pan and fry the tofu in the oil until very lightly browned. Then take 1/2 cup of the sauce and pour it in over the tofu, frying the tofu in the sauce until the sauce is absorbed and the tofu has the gorgeous little brown bits on it (as pictured).
- By this time your butternut should be ready. Remove it from the oven, and toss it up with the pasta. Add the tofu and mix together. Pour over the rest of the sauce and mix in.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 657
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Sodium: 939mg
- Fat: 21.6g
- Carbohydrates: 93.4g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 26.6g