Satisfying and delicious spicy peanut pasta with roasted butternut and crispy tofu. Easy 45-minute vegan recipe that is ideal for a quick and easy dinner.
- 1 Butternut (Medium to Large)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Dried Herbs
- 12oz (340g) Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Pack (18oz/500g) Pasta
For the Sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees celsius).
- Peel and dice the butternut, removing the seeds. Place the butternut chunks into a bowl, add the 1 Tbsp olive oil and toss together until all the butternut is lightly coated with the oil. Add some dried herbs and toss again. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- While the butternut is baking, press the tofu for around 20 minutes, either using a tofu press or by wrapping it in paper towels and putting something heavy on top – like a heavy pot.
- While the tofu is pressing and the butternut is baking, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and whisk with a hand whisk to combine.
- When the tofu is pressed, cut it into squares. Add a little oil to a pan and fry the tofu in the oil until very lightly browned. Then take 1/2 cup of the sauce and pour it in over the tofu, frying the tofu in the sauce until the sauce is absorbed and the tofu has the gorgeous little brown bits on it (as pictured).
- By this time your butternut should be ready. Remove it from the oven, and toss it up with the pasta. Add the tofu and mix together. Pour over the rest of the sauce and mix in.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 657
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Sodium: 939mg
- Fat: 21.6g
- Carbohydrates: 93.4g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 26.6g