Who doesn’t love noodles.
So quick and easy to prepare, throw in some veg and sauce and you have a fabulous meal.
But this particular noodle dish takes fabulous to new heights.
It’s spicy, tangy, creamy and zesty, with a healthy, wholesome feel and a more-ish taste.
And you can even make this meal gluten-free just by switching out the wholewheat noodles for a gluten-free option. Easy peasy.
The noodles pair deliciously with carrots and bell peppers providing some crispy crunchiness and tahini blends beautifully with soy sauce, maple, chilli, garlic and ginger to create a flavor explosion!
You’ll love the mild spiciness of this dish, along with how creamy it is, while being totally hearty, wholesome and healthy.
A perfect dinner meal that you can throw together in 40 minutes while still being totally gourmet!
It doesn’t get better than that.
Leftovers will make you very happy the next day and since this is also delicious served cold, it’s perfect to take to work with you for lunch.
So go on and have yourself some noodles!
And let us know how it goes by rating this recipe and leaving a comment.
If you happen to take a photo – tag it #lovingitvegan on Instagram so we can admire it too. 🙂Print
Easy vegan noodles with cashews, crunchy veggies and a mildly spicy tahini sauce. Quick, easy, hearty, wholesome and oh SO flavorful.
- 8 oz (230g) Flat Wholewheat Noodles
- 1/2 oz (15g) Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Chilli and Garlic Spice (or any mixed dried spice that you like)
- 1 tsp (5ml) Olive Oil
- 1 Large Carrot
- 18 oz (500g) White Button Mushrooms
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2.5 oz (70g) Roasted Salted Cashews
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Tahini
- 1 oz (28g) Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Bring 3 liters of water to the boil.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for approximately 15 minutes until cooked.
- When cooked, drain and rinse the noodles, ready to add to the stir fry.
- While the noodles are cooking, finely chop the ginger, crush the garlic and finely chop the onion and add to a frying pan.
- Mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, chilli and garlic spice and olive oil into a sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the onions and turn the heat on high.
- Cook for around 5 minutes until onions are soft.
- Slice the carrot very thinly into circles, and slice the mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms to the pan, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, allowing the mushrooms to simmer down and the water to reduce.
- Add the bell peppers and stir fry with the other ingredients in the pan.
- Add the cashews and stir fry.
- Once the peppers are softened and most of the water has cooked off in the pan, reduce the heat to low, and stir in the tahini.
- Add the noodles to the pan and mix in evenly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve with chopped cilantro and fresh lime.
*Switch out the wholewheat noodles for rice noodles and the soy sauce for gluten-free tamari to make this meal gluten-free.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian, Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 499
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 1248mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 77g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 17.6g