This vegan carrot soup is made with coconut milk and red curry paste for a mildly spicy, rich and creamy soup. Easy and delicious!
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to a pot with the coconut oil and sauté until the onions are softened. Then add the red curry paste and sauté together.
- Add in the vegetable stock, coconut milk and chopped carrots. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, cover and simmer until the carrots are soft and cooked (about 25-30 minutes).
- Add the peanut butter and stir it in until well mixed. Then remove the soup from the heat and using an immersion blender blend until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then add the soup to your blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro.
*12 large carrots is around 2 and 1/2 pounds of carrots (1.1kg).
*The coconut milk must be full fat unsweetened canned coconut milk.
*Nutritional information is a rough estimate of 1 serve (of 4) without additional toppings. However this is a large serving. If serving as an appetizer only, then this recipe will serve 6-8.
*Adapted from Pinch of Yum.
*This recipe was first published in June 2017
- Category: Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 452
- Sugar: 17.3g
- Sodium: 765mg
- Fat: 32.3g
- Saturated Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: vegan carrot soup