Mildly spicy and deliciously rich vegan carrot soup made with coconut milk and red curry paste. Super simple recipe, rich, creamy and satisfying!
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and add to a pot with the coconut oil and sauté until the onions are softened. Then add the red curry paste and sauté together.
- Add in the vegetable stock, coconut milk and chopped carrots. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, cover and simmer until the carrots are soft and cooked (about 25-30 minutes).
- Add the peanut butter and stir it in until well mixed. Then remove the soup from the heat and using an immersion blender blend until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, then add the soup to your blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro.
* Nutritional information is a rough estimate of 1 serve (of 4) without additional toppings.
* Adapted from Pinch of Yum.
- Category: Appetizer, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 452
- Sugar: 17.3g
- Sodium: 765mg
- Fat: 32.3g
- Saturated Fat: 20.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: vegan carrot soup