Rich and creamy dairy free mushroom sauce with an unusual ingredient that just works so well! Simple recipe that you’ll want to serve with everything!
- Start off with slicing your mushrooms.
- Then mix up the soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, crushed garlic, dried rosemary and thyme in a mixing bowl or measuring jug.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to a pan and pour over the sauce. Sauté the mushrooms until softened and then continue to sauté them until the water is reduced.
- When the sauce is reduced so that there is only a little water remaining, turn the heat down low and stir in the tahini. Remove from the heat.
- Serve over penne (or rice or baked potatoes or anything you like) with chopped cilantro for garnish.
*This is around 5 and 1/4 cups whole mushrooms.
*Use a good quality, good tasting Tahini.
*Sauté the mushrooms until there is a only a little water left (but there is still some water left). If you sauté them for too long so that all the water has evaporated then the sauce will be too dry. So you want to have some of the water from the mushrooms to mix up with the tahini to create a delicious rich sauce.
*Nutritional information is for the sauce only and does not include anything you might serve it with.
- Category: Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 225
- Sodium: 373mg
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 7.2g
Keywords: dairy free mushroom sauce