Easy, versatile vegan tahini sauce that is wonderful drizzled over everything. It’s ready in minutes and can be used as a sauce, dressing or dip.
This tahini sauce is totally divine poured over all kinds of savory dishes.
Of course it’s wonderful on middle eastern type dishes like vegan falafel or vegan shawarma but it’s also delicious drizzled over salad or on a vegan taco!
It’s also great as a dip and if you have some flat breads or pita breads these are great for dipping into this sauce.
It’s extremely easy to throw together, just put all the ingredients into a measuring jug and whisk them together!
And then you have a deliciously creamy sauce to use over anything and everything.
How to make tahini sauce
I adapted this recipe from our tahini salad dressing recipe. The flavors are a little different but if you’re a fan of tahini recipes then you will probably love both recipes and I recommend you alternate between them!
The main thing you want to focus on when making this tahini sauce is that you get the right consistency.
You might want a thicker consistency depending on what you’re using it for, or a thinner one if you just want to drizzle it.
The recipe as pictured here creates a thin sauce that’s ideally suited to being drizzled, so if you want it thicker then simply reduce the amount of water.
This recipe is a simple mix of tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, a little maple syrup for flavor balance and water to thin it out.
It’s as easy as whisking up all the ingredients so it’s ready in minutes.
Tahini sour cream?
If you make this tahini sauce a little on the thicker side, it can be a perfect replacement for sour cream.
We already have a vegan sour cream recipe but it is based on cashews, so if you’re allergic to cashews but not to sesame seeds then this will be a perfect replacement for that.
This recipe made just a little bit thicker is just like a tahini sour cream and can be used on all recipes that call for the use of a vegan sour cream like our vegan zucchini fritters, or our veggie fajitas or our vegan burrito recipe.
I hope you’ll love this delicious tahini sauce! It is:
- Wonderful drizzled over anything and everything!
- A sauce or a dip or a dressing
- Easy and quick
Keep it refrigerated and enjoy within a couple of weeks.
How to serve tahini sauce!
This tahini sauce will be divine on any of these recipes!
- Vegan Falafel
- Vegan Shawarma
- Vegan Chickpea Burger
- Vegan Kale Salad (and all salads!)
- Vegan Tacos (see pic above!)
Let us know what you think of this tahini sauce in the comments and please rate the recipe too, thanks!
Sign up to our email list and we’ll send you a gorgeous (and free) recipe ebook containing 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll be the first to know when we post new recipes to the blog.
Vegan Tahini Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a measuring jug and whisk into a smooth sauce. If you're unsure of the consistency that you would prefer, then add in the water slowly until you reach the consistency you like.
- Keep it stored in the refrigerator.
- Mix your tahini well before use. Sometimes the oil and the tahini paste separate in the jar so need a vigorous stirring before use.
- Use less water if you want a thicker sauce or if you want it to be a sour cream consistency. This amount of water results in a fairly thin, easily pourable sauce perfect for drizzling.