Rich and mildly spicy Thai red curry with tofu and green beans. This veggie-packed vegan red curry is super simple to make yet gourmet to the extreme! Perfect for a fancy dinner but easy enough for a regular weeknight dinner too!
For the Red Curry:
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1–2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste*
- 8 oz (220g) Firm Tofu
- 1 Can (14oz/400ml) Coconut Cream
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce*
- 1 Pack (~9oz/250g) Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 10.5oz (300g) Green Beans
- 1 oz (28g) Fresh Basil
- 1–2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- Basmati Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Fresh Lime
- Fresh Basil
- Wash and chop the ends off the green beans. Boil a pot with 2 liters of water and when boiling, add in the green beans with 1/2 tsp salt and blanche them for 3 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and minced ginger to a pot with the sesame oil and sauté until the onions are starting to soften, then add in the red curry paste and stir fry together.
- Add in the tofu and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the coconut cream and soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Then add in the mushrooms and let that simmer for a few minutes until the mushrooms are slightly softened.
- Add in the green beans and the basil and simmer for a few minutes. You don’t want the green beans to get too soft here, so don’t take too long on this step.
- Add in the coconut sugar to taste and extra salt/pepper as needed.
- Serve with rice, fresh basil and fresh lime.
*For a mild curry use 1 Tbsp red curry paste, if you like it spicier, go with 2 Tbsp (or more if you’re brave!)
*Use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari to make this meal gluten-free.
*Nutritional information doesn’t include rice.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory
- Cuisine: Vegan, Thai
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Sodium: 618mg
- Fat: 28.6g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 11.4g