Colorful and fun vegan sugar cookies. These soft and chewy sugar cookies are super easy and perfect for any occasion.
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 3/4 cups (150g) Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
For the Decorating Frosting:
- 1 cup (120g) Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar together and then add the vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix in by hand until crumbly. Add soy milk and mix in to create a big ball of dough. If your mix is too crumbly to form a ball of dough, add in a little more soy milk until it does.
- Flour your hands and a baking mat and transfer the ball of dough to the baking mat.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to around 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, dip a cookie cutter into flour so it doesn’t stick and cut out your cookies. Transfer the cookies to a parchment lined baking tray. With the remaining dough, form it into a ball and then roll it out again and repeat.
- If you want round cookies and don’t want to make shapes, then you don’t need to roll out the dough, you can simply tear off pieces of the dough and roll into balls and place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray. Flour the bottom of a glass and use that to press down on the balls to flatten them neatly before baking.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Prepare your decorating frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vanilla and soy milk to an electric mixing bowl. Start on low speed and gradually increase speed until smooth. If you need a little more soy milk then add it a drop at a time so that you don’t use too much. The consistency will be very sticky, almost gluey. Separate into 2 bowls. Add a drop of food coloring into each bowl and mix in.
- Decorate the cookies and allow to set before serving.
*Nutritional Information is for 1 cookie of 30 excluding decorating frosting.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Baking
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie (of 30)
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 86mg
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 11.4g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.8g
Keywords: vegan sugar cookies