Crispy, thin-crust Vegan Pizza. Make your own vegan pizzas from scratch with homemade pizza dough, tomato sauce and Hawaiian pizza toppings!
- For the Pizza Dough:
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Warm Water
- For the Tomato Sauce:
- 2 Small Cans/Cartons (~135g each) Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Oregano
- Sprinkle Salt
- Sprinkle Black Pepper
- For the Hawaiian Toppings:
- 4 Slices Pineapple (chopped)
- 8 Veggie Bologna Slices (chopped)
- 7 oz / 200g Vegan Cheese (grated)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt and instant yeast. Pour in the warm water (not hot) and mix into a big ball of dough. Flour your hands liberally and then begin to knead the dough, adding flour in at regular intervals while you knead the dough to stop it sticking to your hands. Knead for 4-5 minutes. At the end the dough should be very tacky but not at all inclined to stick to your hands anymore. Place the dough back into the bowl, cover with a towel and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Cut out two pieces of parchment paper to roughly the same size as your pizza stone, and then place your pizza stone into the cold oven. Switch on the oven and turn it to 460°F (240°C) and allow the oven and pizza stone to heat together for 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen after an hour, divide it into two balls. Dust some flour onto the first sheet of parchment paper that you cut out, place the ball of dough on top and then roll it out with a rolling pin to the edges of the parchment paper. The dough may be inclined to keep pulling back, just keep rolling it out.
- Mix your tomato sauce ingredients together and spread half the sauce over the top of the rolled out pizza dough and spread it out using the back of a spoon.
- Add half the veggie bologna, pineapple and top it with half the vegan cheese.
- Carefully slide the pizza with the parchment paper underneath it onto a wooden board.
- Open the oven and carefully slide the pizza with the parchment paper from the wooden board onto the blazing hot pizza stone as quickly as you can and close the oven. Bake for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes open the oven and using a spatula gently lift the pizza up, it should be lightly browned underneath. If it’s lightly browned underneath and the toppings are nicely melted, then it’s done.
- Get the wooden board and carefully pull on the parchment paper to transfer the pizza and parchment paper back onto the wooden board.
- Allow the oven and pizza stone a little time to heat up again to full heat between pizzas before repeating the process with the second pizza.
*Prep time does not include the dough rising or the pizza stone heating.
- Category: Pizza
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
- Serving Size: 1/2 Pizza
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 2089mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrates: 84.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 17.2g