They are super easy to make, bake in 10 minutes, and smothered in minty dark chocolate these are a treat to remember!
I adapted my super easy vegan chocolate cookies recipe to make it all minty flavored and delicious and then simply dipped them in some melted dark chocolate with some mint flavoring added and voila! The most delicious vegan thin mint cookies!
These are absolutely divine served cold straight from the fridge, which is the perfect place to keep them anyway because you don’t want that chocolate melting. But even better, straight out the fridge, they are at the ideal of crunchy thin mint deliciousness.
I made these cookies pretty large, so I only got 16 for the batch.
I tend to go large when I make things, it’s not even on purpose half the time. If I want to make smaller cookies I have to get Jaye to roll them into balls.
Same thing with vegetables, if I need anything finely chopped Jaye generally steps in to assist, because I have a default setting of large. So it’s never thinly sliced mushrooms, it’s massive chunks of mushroom. I made a stir fry last night and chopped all the veggies meself and whattayaknow HUGE pieces of bell pepper, Jaye was just shaking his head and laughing.
I rolled them into balls and then dipped the bottom of a glass into cocoa powder (to stop it sticking) and then used the base of it to press down onto the top of the cookies to flatten them.
This worked out nicely and was easier than rolling it out.
You will love these thin mint cookies, they are:
- Deliciously minty
- Smothered in chocolate
- Super easy
- Super fun!
Keep them covered in the fridge so that the chocolate stays perfectly set, and they’ll keep perfectly for up to a week.
So let me know what you think of these vegan thin mint cookies! Post any questions you have down below!
If you make these, rate the recipe and let me know how they turned out! And if you take a pic, tag it #lovingitvegan on instagram so I definitely get to see it! I love seeing what you’re baking!
Also, sign up to our mailing list for a free ebook containing 10 gorgeous recipes and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.Print
Deliciously minty vegan thin mint cookies smothered in minty dark chocolate. Thin, crunchy, delicious and super easy to make.
- For the Mint Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup (56g) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2-3 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp Mint extract
- For the Mint Chocolate Topping:
- 14oz (400g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Mint Extract
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the vegan butter and brown and white sugar to an electric mixing bowl and cream together. Add the mint extract and mix in.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing in by hand until crumbly.
- Add in the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) 1 Tbsp at a time mixing into a thick cookie dough. You may not need all 3 Tbsp, 2 might be enough, this depends on the type of vegan butter you are using. You will know it’s the right texture when it’s still very thick cookie dough but you can roll it into balls easily.
- Roll into balls and place onto a parchment lined baking tray. Dip the bottom of a glass into cocoa powder and press down with the base of the glass onto the cookies to flatten them into a thin round.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be firm but the cookies will still be soft in the middle, this is fine, they will firm up as they cool.
- Leave the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack. When they are cooled completely, prepare your chocolate topping.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stopping to stir before placing back into the microwave. When the chocolate is completely melted, add in the mint extract and coconut oil and stir in.
- Dip the cookies into the chocolate and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- You can also just spoon chocolate on top of the cookies if you don’t want them covered completely.
- Place the chocolate covered cookies into the fridge to set.
*Adapted from my Vegan Chocolate Cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 Large Cookie (of 16)
- Calories: 249
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated Fat: 15.5g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 4g