Hearty and satisfying tofu and eggplant bowls, veggie-packed, vegan, gluten-free and ideal for a healthy plant-based dinner.
- Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and sesame oil to a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Then add the cubed tofu and dried basil and sauté gently for a minute or so.
- Then add in the chopped eggplant and mushrooms, soy sauce and hoisin sauce and stir in.
- Reduce heat slightly, cover pot and leave to simmer (stirring occasionally) until the veggies are soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the tahini.
- Serve with rice.
*Use a gluten-free soy sauce or use tamari if you want to make this meal entirely gluten-free.
* Check hoisin sauce label for vegan friendliness, not all brands are vegan.
*Nutritional information does not include rice.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 16.2g
- Sodium: 497mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29.8g
- Fiber: 10.9g
- Protein: 12.8g