This tofu ricotta is so easy to make and tastes amazingly close to the ‘real thing’. It’s perfect spread on crackers, baked into a lasagna, or as a filling for stuffed shells or cannelloni.
- Add the crushed garlic to a bowl with fresh lemon juice and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu to a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add mashed tofu, garlic and lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast, oregano, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper to the food processor. Pulse it until the ingredients are well combined but the texture is still chunky.
- Serve topped with ground black pepper and a sprinkle of oregano with crackers or crusty bread.
*Storing: Keep it stored in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy it within 5 days.
*Freezing: This freezes super well! In fact the texture may even get better after freezing and thawing. Freeze it in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and enjoy as usual.
- Category: Side, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 197mg
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 6.4g
Keywords: tofu ricotta, tofu ricotta cheese