These raw vegan brownies are so fudgy and delicious and topped with a seriously decadent raw chocolate topping.
For the Brownies
- 4 cups (400g) Walnuts (Raw)*
- 2 cups (350g) Soft Pitted Medjool Dates (packed cups)*
- 1/2 cup (42g) Cocoa Powder*
For the Chocolate Topping:
- Add half the walnuts, half the dates and half the cocoa powder to the food processor and process. The mix will first become crumbly and will stick to the sides, but then gradually will become sticky and start to clump together into a kind of dough. It needs to be oily and when you grab some of the dough and roll it in your fingers it must stick together.
- Transfer that to a mixing bowl and then add the second half of the walnuts, pitted dates and cocoa powder to your food processor and repeat the process. Transfer to your mixing bowl and mix together well.
- Spray an 8 x 8 square dish with non-stick spray and line it with parchment paper so that there is overhang on each side. Press the brownie mix down into the dish and pack it down with the back of a spoon.
- Melt the coconut oil and then add the maple syrup, vanilla and cocoa powder and stir or whisk together until smooth. Pour it over the brownie base and smooth down evenly.
- Place the dish into the fridge until completely set before slicing.
- Keep them stored in the fridge where they will stay good for at least a week. They are also freezer friendly!
*Walnuts can be switched for macadamia nuts.
*You can use a different kind of pitted date other than medjool but they must be nice and soft.
*You can use raw cacao powder OR regular cocoa powder in this recipe.
*Maple syrup can be replaced with a different kind of syrup or agave nectar.
- Category: Dessert, Raw Vegan
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie (of 16)
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 18.2g
- Fat: 20.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 4.9g
Keywords: raw vegan brownies