Ultra creamy vegan vanilla ice cream. So easy to make with the most perfectly smooth, rich, melt-in-the-mouth ice cream texture.
- The day before, place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- Next, place all the ingredients (except for the vanilla) into a pot and bring to a simmer – stirring all the while.
- As soon as it reaches a simmer, remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and vanilla powder and using an immersion (handheld) blender, blend for 30 seconds. You can also transfer to a blender jug and blend it in that – just ensure the lid is on very firmly.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and churn as per the ice cream makers instructions. Can be 20-40 minutes.
- When it reaches soft serve consistency, move to a loaf pan or other freezer safe container, smooth down with a spoon, cover and place into the freezer for a few hours to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, place Oreo cookies into the food processor (around 2 cookies per person) and process into a fine crumble.
- Sprinkle this over the ice cream and top with half a cookie.
- Will keep in the freezer but best when fresh. Scoop with a hot scoop (dipped in hot water) to allow for easier serving.
*Vanilla powder is totally optional here, I used it to create extra vanilla flavor, but if you don’t have it on hand you can easily omit this.
*Inspired by Serious Eats.
*Nutrition estimate is for a 1/2 cup serving without Oreo sprinkles.
*Prep time does not include chilling the mixture or time spent setting in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 15.4g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 21.6g
- Saturated Fat: 9.4g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan vanilla ice cream