Easy and delicious vegan almond butter cups. This salty and sweet dessert is fabulously rich, uses just 3-ingredients and satisfies every craving!
- 1 cup (250g) Almond Butter (Store-bought or Homemade)
- 2/3 cup (80g) Powdered Sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups (438g) Vegan Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Roasted and Salted Almonds, crushed (for topping, optional)
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Add the almond butter to a bowl and add in the powdered sugar and mix in with a spoon. The mixture should be fairly dry but still pliable (it should not be crumbly).
- Melt 1 and 1/2 cups (263g) vegan chocolate by breaking it into pieces and placing it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30 seconds until it’s perfectly melted.
- Spoon the chocolate out evenly between the cupcake liners. Using a teaspoon or a brush work the chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liners. Place into the freezer to set.
- When the bases are set, spoon out the almond butter filling on top, using all of it, and distributing it evenly among the cupcake liners.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup (175g) of chocolate and spoon this on top of the almond butter filling, spreading it across to the sides so that the cups can close properly.
- Return the tray to the freezer to set.
- Sprinkle with crushed roasted and salted almonds.
*You can use either vegan chocolate broken up into pieces or vegan chocolate chips. If you use vegan chocolate broken up then use slightly heaped cups, and if using chocolate chips then use level cups.
*Adapted from our Peanut Butter Cups.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 12)
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 13.7g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Fat: 30.2g
- Saturated Fat: 11.6g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 8.2g
Keywords: vegan almond butter cups