This vegan apple crisp is totally divine served warm with some vegan cream or vegan vanilla ice cream. It’s deliciously flavorful and perfect for the holidays.
For the Apple Filling:
- 8 cups Peeled and Cubed Granny Smith Apples (2.2lb/1kg)
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (31g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Topping:
- Peel and cube the apple and add to a mixing bowl with the brown sugar, all purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, lemon juice and vanilla extract and toss together so that all the apple pieces are coated.
- Transfer the apple mix to a 9×13 dish sprayed with non-stick spray and smooth down.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare the topping. Add the all purpose flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon to the mixing bowl and mix together. Then add in the melted vegan butter and vanilla and stir in.
- Use your fingers to spread the topping over the apple layer, crumbling it with your fingers until it is evenly spread across the top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 50 minutes until the top is nicely golden brown and the apple mix is bubbling up the sides.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream or vegan whipped cream.
*The weight for the apples (2.2lb/1kg) is after peeling and coring and chopping into cubes.
*Nutritional information does not include ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 482
- Sugar: 48.8g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 82.3g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: vegan apple crisp