This vegan asparagus soup is so rich and creamy with a wonderfully luxurious taste and texture. It’s also really easy to make. Comfort food at its best!
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter*
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 and 1/4 pounds (1kg) Asparagus (Chopped)*
- 3 cups (720ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream*
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
For Serving (Optional):
- Crispy Fried Onions
- Ground Black Pepper
- Crusty Bread
- Add the vegan butter, chopped onion, crushed garlic, dried thyme, dried basil, oregano and cayenne pepper to a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the chopped asparagus and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover the pot and leave it to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus is soft and cooked.
- Use an immersion blender (handheld blender) to blend the soup directly in the pot. If you don’t have an immersion blender then transfer the soup to your blender jug in stages and then when it’s all blended, return it to the pot.
- Add the coconut cream and stir it in and then add the lemon juice and stir it through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of ground black pepper and some crispy fried onions for decoration (optional).
- Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*You can use olive oil instead of vegan butter if you prefer.
*This is 2 big bunches of asparagus.
*Canned full fat coconut milk can be used in place of coconut cream.
*Nutritional information does not include the optional garnish of crispy fried onions.
- Category: Appetizer, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 467mg
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated Fat: 12.8g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 5.4g
Keywords: vegan asparagus soup