This easy vegan banana bread is the best ever! It’s moist on the inside, crispy on the outside, and simply fabulous served warm from the oven and spread with vegan butter.
- 2 cups (250g) All-Purpose Flour*
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas (1 and 1/3 cups mashed / 10.5oz/300g peeled weight)*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk*
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Coconut Oil*
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)*
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift your flour into a mixing bowl and add the white and brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnaon and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Measure the correct amount of banana and add it to your blender along with the soy milk and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mix over your dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix it into a smooth batter. Add the flax egg and mix it in.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared loaf pan and place into the oven to bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the banana bread comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
*Weigh your flour on a food scale for the most accurate measurement or make sure you use the spoon and level method for measuring flour which is the most accurate way to measure flour if using only cups.
*Either weigh your peeled bananas or mash them and measure using the cup method. It should be 1 and 1/3 cups of mashed banana.
*You can also use almond milk or another non-dairy option instead of soy milk if you prefer.
*You can use a different oil other than coconut oil if you prefer. Vegan butter may also work but we haven’t tested it.
*I really like the addition of a flax egg to this recipe and it works really well, but if you need a substitution for it, you can use extra mashed banana (3 Tbsp extra mashed banana) to replace the flax egg.
*Nutrition information is an estimate based on 1 slice of 10 without any added vegan butter.
*This recipe was first published in September 2015 and has now been updated with improved photos and text.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 slice (of 10)
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan banana bread