This easy vegan banana bread is moist on the inside, crispy on the outside, and simply fabulous served warm from the oven and spread with vegan butter.
- 2 cups (250g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas (10.5 oz / 300g Peeled Weight)*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the white and brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Peel the bananas and add to your blender along with the soy milk and coconut oil and blend.
- Pour the blended mix into the mixing bowl and mix it into a smooth batter. Add the flax egg and mix into a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared loaf pan and place into the oven to bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the banana bread comes out clean.
*Weigh your bananas and your flour for the most accurate results in this recipe.
*Nutrition information is an estimate based on 1 slice of 10 without any added vegan butter.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 slice (of 10)
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan banana bread