Rich and flavorful vegan banana chocolate chip muffins. These moist and delicious vegan muffins are packed with chocolate chunks and wonderfully satisfying!
- 2 cups (250g) All Purpose Flour*
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Medium Ripe Bananas (10.5oz/300g)*
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 cups (262g) Vegan Chocolate Chips (Or Chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal to a bowl and then adding in 3 Tbsp of hot water from the kettle, leave to sit for a minute or so to become gloopy.
- Add the bananas, soy milk and coconut oil to the blender and blend. Pour over the dry ingredients.
- Add in the flax egg and apple cider vinegar and mix everything together.
- Add in most of the chocolate chips or chunks and mix in, keeping some aside to place on top of the muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin partitions.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips or chunks directly on top of the muffins.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean. If it has chocolate on it that’s fine, but no wet batter.
- Remove from the muffin tray and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool.
*Weigh your flour and your bananas for the best, most accurate results in this recipe.
*The weight listed for the bananas is flesh only, no skins.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 23g
- Sodium: 213mg
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 45.1g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 4.8g
Keywords: vegan banana chocolate chip muffins