These super delicious vegan banana cookies taste just like banana bread in cookie form! They are soft and puffy and packed with banana flavor.
I’m so impressed with these vegan banana cookies. They are just so different to any cookie I’ve ever made before, but totally divine nonetheless.
The best way to describe them would really be vegan banana bread cookies. Because they taste like banana bread. In cookie form. Which is amazing.
So if you’re in the mood for some banana bread but don’t have the time for that, since it takes like an hour to bake, then these cookies are for you. All the flavor and deliciousness of banana bread, in cookie form! And they only need to bake for 15 mins!
How to make Vegan Banana Cookies
These are really simple to make. Add some vegan butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and cream them together. Then add in some mashed banana and vanilla extract.
Then you just add in some all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg and mix in.
Now it’s time to add in your extras, in this case I added in a cup of chopped pecans, which works wonderfully for this recipe. But chopped walnuts would be great too. Vegan chocolate chips would probably be delish, but I haven’t tried that option yet.
The cookie dough is a little wet so you use a cookie scoop to scoop out even sized amounts onto a parchment lined baking tray. Aim for somewhere in the region of 16-20 cookies.
And then they bake at 350°F for 15 minutes until they’re gorgeously browned on the outside.
They are quite puffy cookies and definitely soft. Basically, they are the texture of totally delicious banana bread, in cookie form.
Hope that’s not sounding weird….because…it’s really not. It’s just delicious!
Pro tips for the Best Banana Cookies!
I find it easier to weigh the peeled banana and then mash it rather than mashing it first and then putting it into the measuring cup to get the correct amount, but that also works fine if you don’t have a food scale. Luckily measuring mashed banana is not tricky (like flour).
The addition of the chopped pecans (or walnuts or any other add-on’s) is totally optional, but recommended. Soooo delicious.
Spread the cookies very evenly on your baking tray. Even doing that though, they still make very good friends and stick together if you do them on one tray like I did. I don’t find it an issue and just separate them when they’re cooled. But they still need to be well placed on the tray so there is space to spread.
You will love these vegan banana cookies! They are:
- Soft and puffy
- Packed with banana flavor
- Like banana bread in cookie form!
- Super easy
Keep them stored in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 3-4 days.
More Vegan Cookies!
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
And if you love banana in cookies, then also check out our vegan banana oatmeal cookies! They’re very different to these, but also totally awesome.
So let us know what you think of this vegan banana cookies recipe in the comments below and please do rate the recipe too. Thanks so much!
Sign up to our email list while you’re here and we’ll send you an awesome (free!) recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes. You’ll also be the first to know when new recipes are posted to the blog.
Vegan Banana Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the vegan butter and sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer and cream them together. Then add in the mashed banana and vanilla and mix in.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir in with a spoon (don't use the electric mixer for this part).
- Then add in the chopped pecans and mix in.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop even amounts of cookie dough onto the parchment lined baking tray spacing them evenly. Aim for around 16-20 cookies.
- Bake for 15 mins until lightly browned on top.
- Let them cool on the tray before removing.
- Keep them stored in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 3-4 days.