These banana oatmeal cookies are basically breakfast in cookie form!
A super delicious breakfast in cookie form, but that’s what they’ll remind you of.
It’s that flavor blend of oatmeal with banana, cinnamon and cloves, brown sugar and vanilla. The only problem you’ll have with these cookies is that you’ll want to eat them all day long!
Not to mention the heavenly smell when they’re baking…..
It’s pretty much worth it to make them just for that, before you’ve even had a bite….but you’ll definitely want to have a bite.
How to make the best vegan banana oatmeal cookies
Ripe banana is key to the success of these cookies. Ripe means yellow everywhere and lots of spots. No green bits. This means the banana is more sugar than starch and this is what we need for this recipe.
I used 1/2 cup of mashed banana in this recipe, which is roughly one large peeled banana.
The batter is quite wet for these cookies, so you can’t use your hands to roll them into balls, use a cookie scoop instead. A cookie scoop and an ice cream scoop are the same thing. Wonderful when you can have multiple uses for things.
Flatten them with a fork before baking. This results in the most even baking and best texture for these cookies.
Weigh your flour, oatmeal and banana in this recipe for totally accurate results.
All things oatmeal
These banana oatmeal cookies are quite different in taste and texture to our classic vegan oatmeal cookies. The banana flavor sets them apart, but so does the softness of the cookie.
But if you love all things oatmeal, then you’ll love these cookies, as well as our other oatmeal cookie recipes like our vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and our vegan oatmeal raisin cookies and let’s not forget our vegan peanut butter oatmeal cookies either.
Can I make these gluten-free?
You probably can. I have made other cookie recipes of mine gluten-free with just a simple switch to a gluten-free all purpose flour blend. And of course use gluten-free rolled oats if you’re doing it this way.
I don’t foresee any issues, though I have not yet tested it this way.
You will love these vegan banana oatmeal cookies! They’re:
- Soft and chewy
- Packed with banana flavor
- Breakfast or dessert
- Super simple
Keep them stored at room temperature (covered) and consume within a few days.
More vegan cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Coconut Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
Let us know what you think of these gorgeous vegan banana oatmeal cookies in the comments and please rate the recipe too!
Sign up to our email list before you go, we’ll send you a gorgeous recipe ebook containing 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes, and you’ll be the first to know whenever new recipes are posted to the blog.Print
Vegan banana oatmeal cookies that are soft and chewy and packed with banana flavor. These cookies are simple and ideal for either breakfast or dessert.
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (125g) Mashed Ripe Banana
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups (144g) Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- Add the vegan butter and brown and white sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer and cream them together.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mashed banana and mix in.
- Then add the flour, rolled oats, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves and mix in with the wet ingredients by hand (use a spoon, I just mean not to use the electric mixer for this part).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- The batter will be quite wet. Scoop it out using a cookie scoop in roughly 2 Tbsp sized scoops onto a parchment lined baking tray. Flatten the cookies with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and firm up on the tray before moving.
*Weigh your mashed banana, flour and rolled oats for the best results in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.6g
Keywords: vegan banana oatmeal cookies