These vegan banana waffles take something pretty fantastic – waffles – and make them even more fantastic!
Isn’t that just….fantastic? Most definitely.
This is a super simple 7-ingredient recipe and the batter takes all of about 10 minutes to prepare. If you’re going slowly.
Instead of mashing the bananas I blended them with the non-dairy milk (I used soy, but you can use any of them) so that the batter would be super smooth and relatively thin, which makes waffle making a bit easier. You want the batter to easily spread out over the waffle iron without you having to coax it over all the little squares.
I did find that I needed to cook these for a good 8 minutes, i.e. until they were very gloriously browned on the outside, in order to get the perfect level of doneness on the inside. This is a common thing with banana, I mean banana bread does take over an hour to bake in the oven. Even my banana bread muffins took a good 40 minutes.
Anyway so it was 8 minutes on my waffle iron, which is a really rather fancy model from Cuisinart. So if yours is less powerful it might be even a minute or two longer. Just keep in mind that a bit more browned than usual is the way to go for these.
You will love these beautiful vegan banana waffles! They are:
- Golden Brown
- Banana Flavored
- Perfect for breakfast
So let us know what you think of these vegan banana waffles! Rate the recipe and leave us a comment. And if you make this recipe, tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss it!
For other awesome vegan breakfasts check out:
And for an awesome free ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipes, definitely join our email list!Print
Golden brown and crispy vegan banana waffles. Easy 7-ingredient recipe – perfect for breakfast served with sliced banana, vegan whipped cream and maple syrup!
For the Banana Waffles:
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup (300ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 Ripe Bananas (~200g)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Put your waffle iron on to begin heating up.
- Sift your flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder and salt.
- Add the bananas and soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour this blended mix into the mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and using a hand whisk quickly whisk it to remove any lumps.
- When your waffle iron is hot enough, pour out enough batter (usually around 1/3 cup per waffle) to cover the waffle iron on each side.
- Bake for around 8 minutes or until very golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream, maple syrup and sliced banana.
*Nutritional information is for 1 waffle of 6 without any toppings.
*Check your waffle iron instructions to see if you should spray it with non-stick spray first. I do that with mine as it does require it. Other waffle irons might be non-stick in which case you shouldn’t use non-stick spray. Check which one you have.
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 286mg
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 29.6g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 4.5g