These vegan banana waffles take something pretty fantastic – waffles – and make them even more fantastic!
Isn’t that just….fantastic? Most definitely.
This is a super simple 7-ingredient recipe and the batter takes all of about 10 minutes to prepare. If you’re going slowly.
Instead of mashing the bananas I blended them with the non-dairy milk (I used soy, but you can use any of them) so that the batter would be super smooth and relatively thin, which makes waffle making a bit easier. You want the batter to easily spread out over the waffle iron without you having to coax it over all the little squares.
I did find that I needed to cook these for a good 8 minutes, i.e. until they were very gloriously browned on the outside, in order to get the perfect level of doneness on the inside. This is a common thing with banana, I mean banana bread does take over an hour to bake in the oven. Even my banana bread muffins took a good 40 minutes.
Anyway so it was 8 minutes on my waffle iron, which is a really rather fancy model from Cuisinart. So if yours is less powerful it might be even a minute or two longer. Just keep in mind that a bit more browned than usual is the way to go for these.
You will love these beautiful vegan banana waffles! They are:
- Golden Brown
- Banana Flavored
- Perfect for breakfast
Enjoy with some whipped cream, maple syrup and sliced banana!
So let us know what you think of these vegan banana waffles! Rate the recipe and leave us a comment. And if you make this recipe, tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss it!
For other awesome vegan breakfasts check out:
And for an awesome free ebook and to stay updated with all our latest recipes, definitely join our email list!
- For the Banana Waffles:
- 1 and ¼ cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 and ¼ cup (300ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 Ripe Bananas (~200g)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- For Serving:
- Sliced Banana
- Whipped Coconut Cream
- Maple Syrup
- Put your waffle iron on to begin heating up.
- Sift your flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder and salt.
- Add the bananas and soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour this blended mix into the mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and using a hand whisk quickly whisk it to remove any lumps.
- When your waffle iron is hot enough, pour out enough batter (usually around ⅓ cup per waffle) to cover the waffle iron on each side.
- Bake for around 8 minutes or until very golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream, maple syrup and sliced banana.