These vegan biscuits are deliciously fluffy and soft and so easy to make. Perfect served warm with some vegan butter or add gravy for a delicious vegan biscuits and gravy treat!
- 3 cups (375g) All Purpose Flour (plus more for dusting)*
- 1 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar*
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder*
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter (Cold)
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Soy Milk (Cold), plus a little more for brushing over the tops of the biscuits*
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C)
- Add the all purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Then add the vegan butter and mix it in with your fingers until crumbly.
- Add the soy milk, lemon juice and vanilla and mix it into a dough.
- Move the dough from the mixing bowl out onto a flour dusted surface. Flour your hands and use your hands to flatten the dough. If the dough is sticky, add more flour. Dip a smooth cutter in flour and then use that to cut out 4 biscuits.
- Roll the dough again and then flatten again with your hands and cut out 2 more biscuits and then repeat again to get your final 2 biscuits for a total of 8 biscuits (though you may get 9).
- Place your biscuits onto a parchment lined baking tray and brush the tops with a little soy milk.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and then serve!
*It will be helpful to weigh out the flour on a food scale OR make sure to measure using the correct spoon and level method for measuring flour: spoon the flour into your measuring cup and then level off the top with a knife.
*You can leave the sugar out entirely in these biscuits if you prefer, though even with the sugar they are not sweet.
*It definitely is 2 Tablespoons of baking powder, don’t worry it’s not a typo. 🙂 This is what makes them really fluffy.
*You could try a different non-dairy milk if you have an issue with soy, but we have only tested this with soy milk.
*They are best on the day of baking, but if you do have leftovers, you can wrap them tightly to prevent them drying out and enjoy the next day.
*This recipe was first published in November 2019. It has been updated with extra tips but the recipe itself is the same.
- Category: Side, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Biscuit (of 8)
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 792mg
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: vegan biscuits