These are hands down the BEST vegan blondies ever. They are soft, buttery and packed with delicious butterscotch flavor.
- 1 cup (225g) Vegan Butter (Measured, then Melted)
- 1 and 3/4 cups (350g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (125g) Cashew Butter
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups (281g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups (195g) Raw Macadamia Nuts (Chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a 9×9 square dish with non-stick spray and line it with parchment paper so that there is overhang on each side.
- Melt the vegan butter and add it to a mixing bowl along with the light brown sugar and whisk them together.
- Add the cashew butter and vanilla extract and whisk in until well mixed.
- Sift the all purpose flour into a separate mixing bowl and add baking powder, cornstarch and salt and mix together.
- Gradually stir the flour mix into the butter and cashew mixture until completely combined.
- Add the chopped macadamia nuts and stir in.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared 9×9 square baking pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the edges just begin to turn golden brown.
- Leave it in the pan to cool for around 30 minutes. The top should be firm to the touch before you remove the blondies from the pan using the parchment paper overhang.
- Cut into squares and serve.
*Vegan butter is essential to a good blondie because you want it to have that buttery flavor which combines with the brown sugar, salt and vanilla to create a butterscotch flavor. You can use any vegan butter option, tub style or stick style.
*You can use light or dark brown sugar or a mix of the two. Dark brown sugar will result in a blondie that is darker in color.
*The cornstarch helps to keep these blondies soft.
*Macadamia nuts are optional.
*Leftover blondies will keep very well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and then let them come to room temperature before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Blondie (of 16)
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 22.3g
- Sodium: 313mg
- Fat: 24.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 39.2g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: vegan blondies