Vegan blue cheese dressing with that signature blue cheese tang and a chunky blue cheese texture. Perfect as a dip or dressing!
This vegan blue cheese dressing has all the cheesy tang and chunky texture of an actual blue cheese dressing.
I was loving it as a dip for some raw veggies but of course it makes a wonderful salad dressing too.
It also comes together in minutes because it’s just a case of adding some ingredients to a jug, whisking them up and then adding in the surprise ingredient for the ‘chunky’ part.
Well maybe it’s not really a surprise ingredient. It’s tofu! I mean what else would it be?
Often when we’re buying tofu people who don’t know what it is ask us if it’s some kind of cheese.
And when it’s crumbled like this and added in to a very cheesy tangy dressing well… it almost might be cheese!
And if you love blue cheese flavors then check out our recipe for actual vegan blue cheese.
How To Make Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
You will find full instructions and measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a summary of the process to go along with the process photos.
- Add vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, crushed garlic, tahini, distilled white vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and dried dill to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until well mixed.
- Place extra firm tofu into a separate bowl and crumble it with a fork.
- Add the crumbled tofu to the dressing.
- Fold it in gently.
- Serve it as a dip for raw veggies or chips, or as a salad dressing.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
Vegan mayonnaise. The base of this recipe is vegan mayonnaise. You can use a store-bought variety or you can go ahead and make your own vegan mayo. I used a store-bought variety for making this as even though making your own vegan mayo is super easy, I wanted to make this as easy as possible, so store-bought was the way forward.
Maple syrup. The maple syrup offsets some of those tangy flavors and balances everything out. If you want to use a different kind of sweetener, that would be fine too.
Nutritional yeast. This contributes to the cheesiness but you don’t taste it at all in the final result, so only leave this out if you really really hate it.
Distilled white vinegar. This is essential to the cheesy tang and I highly recommend you use exactly this kind of vinegar. Apple cider vinegar will not work the same, though if it’s all you can get, you can use it in a pinch.
Extra firm tofu. You can leave out the tofu if you prefer. If you don’t like tofu or just don’t like the idea, leave it out. Quite honestly the tofu doesn’t taste like tofu here, it takes on the flavor of the dressing so just creates texture, but if you leave it out that’s all that you’ll lose – texture.
Of course you can play around with the flavors here if you’re the experimental type and tweak it perfectly to your tastes.
Keep it stored in the fridge and enjoy within around 5 days.
More Vegan Salad Dressings
- Our vegan ranch dressing also has vegan mayonnaise as the base and is totally divine.
- Our vegan caesar dressing is the best thing ever for your vegan caesar salads and our tahini salad dressing and tahini sauce are both awesome on pretty much anything!
- Our recipes for vegan thousand island and vegan aioli are pretty wonderful too.
- Also check out our cashew dressing, vegan green goddess dressing and homemade vinaigrette.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
- Add the vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, crushed garlic, tahini, white vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and dried dill to a mixing bowl. Whisk up with a hand whisk until smooth.
- Then crumble up the tofu with a fork and then add it in, folding it gently into the dressing.
- Serve as a dip for raw veggies or as a salad dressing.
- The tofu is optional, you can leave it out and just have a smooth dressing if you prefer.
- This recipe makes around 2 cups of dressing.
- Keep it stored in the fridge and enjoy within around 5 days.