The best ever vegan blueberry pancakes. Thick and fluffy and packed with blueberries. Also super easy and made in one bowl!
- 1 and 1/2 cups (188g) All Purpose Flour*
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups (300ml) Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup (56g) Vegan Butter (measured, then melted)
- 1 cup (125g) Fresh Blueberries (plus more to dot on top of each pancake)
- Oil or Vegan Butter for Frying
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the soy milk and melted vegan butter and mix into a batter.
- Add 1 cup of blueberries and fold them into the batter.
- Heat up a frying pan with a little oil or vegan butter and when hot, add around 1/4 cup of the batter to the pan. Dot a few blueberries directly on top of the pancake as it cooks.
- When the pancake has bubbles on the top and looks dry on the edges, flip it and cook it on the other side. Cook until both sides are browned and it’s cooked through.
- Repeat until your batter is finished. Serve with extra blueberries and maple syrup.
*The correct way to measure flour if you’re only using cups is to spoon the flour into your measuring cup and then level off the top with a knife. Don’t scoop it or pack it into the cup. Alternatively, weigh the flour on a food scale. If you use too much flour in this recipe the batter will be too thick.
*The baking powder measure is correct. It may seem like a lot, but it works wonderfully to create the fluffiness in these pancakes.
*If you’re not a fan of soy milk then feel free to switch it for almond milk or any other plant milk that heats well.
*You can use melted coconut oil instead of vegan butter.
*To make these gluten-free use a gluten-free all purpose flour blend. It must be a blend that is meant to replace regular wheat flour. It should not be a single type of flour like coconut or almond.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake (of 12)
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 184mg
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: vegan blueberry pancakes