Since we bought our new waffle machine, I have been so keen to make waffles! Like all the time!
I told you when I made my classic vegan waffles recipe that me and waffles go way back. To when I was a teenager working in an ice cream parlour and got introduced to (and fell in love with) waffles.
Jaye also remembers the days when ice cream parlours were pretty much the only place you got waffles. It wasn’t like you bought them ready-made or as if private homes had waffle makers. At least it was like that when we grew up.
So having this nifty little waffle maker at home and these awesome waffle recipes on hand has created quite some excitement!
So I’ve been keen to try out some varieties! And I now present vegan blueberry waffles!
The addition of blueberries to my basic waffle recipe, basically means you just need to cook it longer! Cos those blueberries get all melty and fabulous and the crispier the better! Well at least that’s how I like them. If you prefer your waffles softer, you can cook them for less time.
I found 10 minutes to be about right for ideal crispiness for this recipe. But waffles are something you need to keep an eye on as they cook, so that you can get it just right for you.
This recipe makes 4-6 waffles, depending on the size waffle your machine makes. Our waffle machine (that we’re really fond of!) is a Cuisinart.
You will love these vegan blueberry waffles, they are:
- Golden brown and crispy
- Packed with blueberries
- Perfect for breakfast
- Fun to make
Delicious served with vegan whipped cream, fresh blueberries and maple syrup. Dessert and breakfast all-in-one!
So let us know your thoughts on these vegan blueberry waffles! Post any questions below. And if you make them, let us know how they turned out! Tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram if you take any pics.
For more awesome breakfast ideas, check out:
Sign up to our email list to get a free recipe ebook with 10 awesome recipes and to stay updated with all our latest recipes!
Crispy, golden-brown vegan blueberry waffles. Perfect for breakfast served with vegan whipped cream, extra blueberries and maple syrup. Easy and fun to make.
- 1 and 1/4 cup (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 and 1/4 cup (300ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 oz (85g) Fresh Blueberries
- Set your waffle iron to preheat while you mix the batter.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add in the coconut oil, non-dairy milk and vanilla and whisk with a hand whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add in the blueberries and stir in.
- When your waffle maker is heated, pour out the batter (use as much as recommended according to the waffle maker manufacturer instructions) and close the machine.
- Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream or vegan ice cream, fresh fruit and maple syrup.
*Nutritional information is based on 1 waffle of 4 without any toppings.
*You might get more waffles out of this recipe, depending on the size of the waffle iron you are using.
*Follow the waffle machines manufacturer instructions in terms of how much batter to use per waffle.
*Also check your manufacturer instructions about whether or not to use non-stick spray. Some machines require it and some don’t.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle (of 4)
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 13.7g
- Sodium: 429mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 45.6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6.3g