This vegan broccoli cheese soup is deliciously cheesy and has all the cheesy flavor you could dream of. Rich and creamy, hearty and satisfying!
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 4 Medium Potatoes (~2.2lb/1kg) – (Peeled and Chopped)
- 4 Large Carrots (Chopped)
- 4 Cups (960ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup (30g) Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 Can (14oz/400ml) Coconut Cream
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets (360g) – (about 1 Large Head or 2 Medium Heads cut into florets)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Grated Vegan Cheese (Optional)
- Black Pepper
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to a pot with the olive oil, dried basil and oregano and sauté until softened.
- Add in the potatoes and carrots and the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Then add in the nutritional yeast, onion powder, dijon mustard and paprika and stir in. Add in the coconut cream.
- Remove the pot from the heat and blend with an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer in stages to a blender jug and then return to the pot.
- Return the pot to the heat. Add in the broccoli florets and cook for a few minutes in the soup until just softened.
- Serve the soup with a little grated vegan cheese (optional) and some black pepper.
*Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Category: Appetizer, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Sodium: 216mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 51.1g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 8.8g
Keywords: vegan broccoli cheese soup