This delicious vegan buttercream frosting is silky, smooth and velvety and perfect to spread on cakes or pipe onto cupcakes. Easy 4-ingredient recipe.
- 3 and 1/2 cups (420g) Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup (225g) Vegan Butter*
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add the powdered sugar, vegan butter, salt and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until thick and smooth.
- If your consistency is too thick, add a little non-dairy milk a drop at a time, and if it’s too thin, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup more powdered sugar.
- Spread onto cakes or pipe onto cupcakes.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
*See our blog post for more troubleshooting tips for this recipe.
*This recipe makes enough for 12 cupcakes when piped generously (as pictured) or to frost an 8 or 9-inch two layer cake.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 12)
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 34.2g
- Sodium: 113mg
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: vegan buttercream frosting