This vegan caramel sauce is just ridiculous. It’s 3-ingredients, takes just a couple of minutes to make and is not only vegan, it’s raw too!
It’s a wonderful sauce when warm, but when cooled in the fridge, it turns into fudge too. So there’s that!
Whatever sauce you have left over you can pour into moulds and have it as fudge later.
You just can’t lose with this sauce.
I think my favorite use for it is poured over ice cream.
But use it wherever you would use a caramel sauce! Pour it over pancakes or use it on your oatmeal or just eat it straight up with a spoon!
Making this is so easy it’s crazy. It’s just a case of melting some coconut butter – has to be coconut butter, definitely don’t use coconut oil or cocoa butter, it has to be coconut butter – and then mixing in maple syrup and vanilla. That’s it! Really!
It’s vegan, it’s raw, it’s fabulous!
You will love this 3-ingredient vegan caramel sauce, it is:
- Raw Vegan
- Super Quick
- Turns into fudge when cooled
If you have any questions or comments, post them down below.
And if you make this sauce, rate the recipe and let us know how it turned out.
We always love to hear from you!
And if you make this sauce, tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss it! Thanks so much!Print
Fabulous 3-ingredient vegan caramel sauce. This sauce is ready in minutes and is ideal to pour over ice-cream. Vegan, raw and gluten-free.
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter (melted)*
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (can also use date syrup, or agave or golden syrup)*
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Melt the coconut butter by standing the sealed jar in a bowl of hot water. When the coconut butter is melted, mix it properly. This is because coconut butter often separates with the coconut oil section rising to the top. You want it to be properly mixed together.
- Measure out a quarter cup of coconut butter and place it into a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Pour over ice cream or whatever else needs a sauce!
- Keep in a sealed jar in the fridge and gently heat before use.
- Alternatively, pour any leftovers into moulds where it will set into a coconut fudge and enjoy it that way.
*It must be coconut butter, not cacao butter and definitely not coconut oil. Make sure the jar says ‘coconut butter’.
*Alternatives to maple syrup are date honey/syrup (a syrup made entirely from dates) or agave nectar or, if you’re not concerned with keeping the recipe raw, you could use golden syrup. Golden syrup has a wonderful caramel flavor already, so would work well here.
*Recipe adapted from The Vegan 8.
- Category: Sauce, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 12.7g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 0.8