Fabulous 3-ingredient vegan caramel sauce. This sauce is ready in minutes and is ideal to pour over ice-cream. Vegan, raw and gluten-free.
- Melt the coconut butter by standing the sealed jar in a bowl of hot water. When the coconut butter is melted, mix it properly. This is because coconut butter often separates with the coconut oil section rising to the top. You want it to be properly mixed together.
- Measure out a quarter cup of coconut butter and place it into a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Pour over ice cream or whatever else needs a sauce!
- Keep in a sealed jar in the fridge and gently heat before use.
- Alternatively, pour any leftovers into moulds where it will set into a coconut fudge and enjoy it that way.
*It must be coconut butter, not cacao butter and definitely not coconut oil. Make sure the jar says ‘coconut butter’.
*Alternatives to maple syrup are date honey/syrup (a syrup made entirely from dates) or agave nectar or, if you’re not concerned with keeping the recipe raw, you could use golden syrup. Golden syrup has a wonderful caramel flavor already, so would work well here.
*Recipe adapted from The Vegan 8.
- Category: Sauce, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 12.7g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 0.8