Fabulous 3-ingredient vegan caramel sauce. This sauce is perfect to pour over your vegan ice-cream or to serve with any dessert. Ready in 5 minutes!
- Melt the coconut butter by standing the sealed jar in a bowl of hot water. When the coconut butter is melted, mix it properly. This is because coconut butter often separates with the coconut oil section rising to the top. You want it to be properly mixed together.
- Measure out a quarter cup of coconut butter and place it into a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Pour over ice cream or whatever else needs a sauce!
- Keep in a sealed jar in the fridge and gently heat before use.*
- Alternatively, pour any leftovers into moulds where it will set into a coconut fudge and enjoy it that way.
*It must be coconut butter, not cacao butter and definitely not coconut oil. Make sure the jar says ‘coconut butter’.
*Alternatives to maple syrup are date honey/syrup (a syrup made entirely from dates) or agave nectar or golden syrup. Golden syrup has a wonderful caramel flavor already, so works really well here.
*The best way to reheat this sauce is to stand the jar in a bowl of hot water and let it heat that way or heat it very briefly in the microwave. Usually 10-15 seconds is enough to make it liquid and pourable again.
*Recipe adapted from The Vegan 8.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 12.7g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 0.8
Keywords: vegan caramel sauce