This super easy vegan carbonara is rich and creamy and ready in less than 30 minutes! It’s the perfect weeknight meal.
For the ‘Egg’ Sauce:
- 2/3 cup (100g) Raw Cashews
- 1/4 cup (15g) Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)*
- 1 cup (240ml) Non Dairy Milk*
For the Pasta:
- 1/2 Pack (~9oz/250g) Spaghetti (Dry Weight)*
For the Mushrooms:
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 9oz (250g) Mushrooms (Sliced)*
- 2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Add the ingredients for the ‘egg’ sauce to the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Put the spaghetti on to cook and cook it according to the package instructions.
- Add the vegan butter to a pan and heat until melted. Add the sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic and smoked paprika and fry until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add the cooked spaghetti into the pan with the mushrooms and toss them together.
- Pour the blended sauce over the top of the spaghetti and mushrooms and toss together. Add the sea salt and black pepper and toss together until everything is coated and heated together in the pan.
- Serve with chopped parsley and a sprinkle of black pepper.
*If you can’t get hold of black salt (kala namak) then you can just use regular salt. But black salt is highly recommended.
*We used soy milk but you can use any non-dairy milk.
*We used large flat brown mushrooms, but you can switch this for brown button mushrooms (also called portobellini mushrooms, cremini, baby bella).
- Category: Entree, Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 459
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 560mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 60.9g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 18.3g
Keywords: vegan carbonara