Perfect bite-sized carrot cake balls that seriously taste like carrot cake! This easy 5-ingredient recipe makes a perfect snack or dessert.
- Add shredded carrots, dessicated coconut and coconut flour to a bowl and mix together.
- Transfer half of this mixture to a food processor and add medjool dates. Process until the dates are very well mixed in.
- Place the mixture with the dates back into the bowl with the remaining half of the shredded carrot, dessicated coconut and coconut flour and mix everything together.
- Add maple syrup and mix very well.
- Roll into balls and then roll the balls in dessicated coconut and place them onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- Keep the balls stored in the freezer and enjoy whenever you like!
*Maple syrup – you can use pure maple syrup OR you can sub this for pretty much any table syrup, golden syrup, brown rice syrup or whatever you have on hand.
*Medjool dates – these should be nice and soft, so that they can process easily in the food processor.
*Finely shredded coconut – also known as dessicated coconut, this is the dried coconut that is very finely shredded.
*Storing and Freezing: These carrot cake bites are ideal stored in the freezer. They can tend to get a little too soft in the fridge. They don’t freeze solid, so can be served directly from the freezer whenever you feel like one. Store them in the freezer for up to a month to satisfy any and all snack attacks!
*This recipe was first published in January 2018. It has been updated with extra tips but the recipe itself is unchanged.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free, Raw
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Ball (of 24)
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 15.8g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1.1g
Keywords: carrot cake balls, carrot cake bites