Perfectly bite-sized carrot cake balls. This easy 5-ingredient recipe is raw, vegan, gluten-free and makes a perfect snack or dessert.
- Shred the carrots and then transfer them to a bowl. Add the dried (dessicated) coconut and the coconut flour and mix in well.
- Transfer around half of this mixture to the food processor and then add the dates. If your food processor is smaller, you might need to use less than half, you want to be able to easily fit it in with the dates so that you can mix the dates in with it. Process until the dates are very well mixed in.
- Then transfer the mix with the dates back to the bowl with the remaining half of the shredded carrot, dried coconut and coconut flour and mix it all in together.
- Add in 3/4 of a cup of syrup and mix very well. It should hold together when you try to roll it into a ball. If it does not, then add the remaining 1/4 cup of syrup and mix very well again.
- Roll into balls and then roll the balls in more dried (dessicated) coconut and place the balls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- Keep the balls in the freezer and serve them directly from the freezer.
*I used a whole cup of syrup in these balls, but I used golden syrup and not maple. Golden syrup is much thicker than maple, so if you use maple syrup, you may well need less, so that’s why you should start with 3/4 cup of syrup.
*For this recipe to be raw vegan, maple syrup should be used rather than golden syrup.
*Nutritional information assumes a full cup of maple syrup used.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free, Raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Ball (of 24)
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 15.8g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1.1g
Keywords: vegan carrot cake balls, carrot cake balls